[Oberon] OberonStation and PS/2

Paul Reed paulreed at paddedcell.com
Tue Nov 3 17:54:37 CET 2015

Hi Eric,

> Unfortunately, for me, I no longer have any PS2 keyboards or mice. All of
> mine are now USB.
> Does anyone have experience with using a USB keyboard or mouse with the
> OberonStation? Does it work well? What kind of adapter do you use?

Of course PS/2 was chosen because it is much simpler to explain and
implement than USB.

Older USB keyboards and mice which came with PS/2 adapters are your best
bet, but your mileage will certainly vary.   I noticed Prof. Wirth himself
uses one of these keyboards, with an adapter which happened to come from a
mouse (I assume, because it is green).

If you can't find cheap PS/2 mice and keyboards at computer faires or
recycling centres, a new pair (e.g. Genius) can usually be obtained on
Amazon for around $10, Eur10 or GBP10 :)

Hope that helps,
Paul