[Oberon] Re (2): OLR Display

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Thu Nov 26 04:54:44 CET 2015

From:	Jan de Kruyf <jan.de.kruyf at gmail.com>, Tue, 24 Nov 2015 21:25:55 +0200
> ... might need recompilation of the Modules where the default is set.

OK, thanks.  Will have a go at that.

In LinuxAos, the display of the Oberon subsystem opens to occupy
about 2/3 of the display of LinuxAos.  If the Oberon display is then
stretched, by dragging the corner, the result is a nicely proportioned
display similar to Native Oberon.

> Oberon.Mod might be a first candidate for searching and trying.
> For the Script editor it will be as PeterM specified, so then Script needs
> recompilation.

Good, thanks.

From:	Dieter <d.gloetzel at web.de>, Wed, 25 Nov 2015 11:09:55 +0100
> why do you not use the Gadgets user interface with OLR?

Have tried Gadgets more than once and always came to the
conclusion that the track interface is more self-organizing,
or less distracting, than stacking windows.  A stacking
windows interface, with no, tracks requires frequent adjustments
in two dimensions to keep data visible.  The tracks in
Oberon restrict viewer adjustments to one dimension.  Less
distracting for me at least.  Others might find the distinction
insignificant.

This aspect of the interface was recognized in the Alto system
or earlier?

From:	Peter Matthias <PeterMatthias at web.de>, Wed, 25 Nov 2015 23:08:53 +0100
> As supposed. Change the constant Styles.pageW to something bigger and
> you can change the text to occupy more of the track.

OK, thanks.

Thanks to everyone, for the responses,        ... Peter E.

--
123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 12
Tel +1 360 639 0202 or  +1 604 822 7107