[Oberon] Use of resources.

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Wed Dec 16 08:26:03 CET 2015

Since my last reply I have found an article that may have been the one you
were thinking of. However, if this is the one, the meaning of the quote is
not what you thought it was:

"The reader should be aware that any example that is sufficiently short to
fit onto a single page cannot be much more than a metaphor, probably
unconvincing to habitual skeptics."

Ref: "On the Composition of Well-Structured Programs", Niklaus Wirth, ACM
Computing Surveys, Vol 6, No. 4, December 1974.

http://www-oldurls.inf.ethz.ch/~wirth/Articles/StructuredPrograms.pdf

However, if your student follows the advice in that article the end result
might be what you were looking for.

Regards,
Chris Burrows

CFB Software