[Oberon] OS X and Oberon

R. P. de Jong rdjong at mac.com
Sat Jan 16 23:44:31 CET 2016

Hi David,

I’m using "Oberon Workstation", since December ’15 available on the Mac App Store. Judged by the download statiscics I get from Apple there are quite a number of users, though i don’t yet know how active they are. This is usually only derivable when looking at the number of users that will update their app upon the next release.

Our RISC5 emulator/simulator (written in Swift) is directly based on Wirth’s descriptions (with some help here and there from studying the compiler). The RISC5 emulator is however a relatively small and easy part of the app, given a Wirth-quality specification.

I don’t know what an IDDEE is exactly. (Integrated Development …?)

Regards,
Roel P. de Jong