[Oberon] Programming in Oberon-7 on Linux

Peter De Wachter pdewacht at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 21:36:43 CET 2016

One option is "Project Norebo", which runs the RISC compiler emulated
in a Unix environment (http://github.com/pdewacht/project-norebo/).
It's not exactly fit for production use, but it's good enough to work
through "Programming in Oberon: A Tutorial".

For example:

$ cat Hello.Mod
MODULE Hello;
  IMPORT Texts, Oberon;
  VAR W: Texts.Writer;

  PROCEDURE SayHello*;
    VAR S: Texts.Scanner;
  BEGIN
    Texts.OpenScanner(S, Oberon.Par.text, Oberon.Par.pos); Texts.Scan(S);
    IF S.class = Texts.Name THEN
      Texts.WriteString(W, "Hello ");
      Texts.WriteString(W, S.s);
      Texts.WriteLn(W);