[Oberon] Oberon for a C++ user.

David Egan Evans sinuhe at xmission.com
Wed Jan 20 06:25:57 CET 2016

> A record (in Component Pascal which is a superset of Oberon-2)
can have the attributes ABSTRACT, EXTENSIBLE, and LIMITED.

These attributes make it an incompatible subset, as do a couple other minor differences, unlike how Oberon-2 is a compatible superset of Revised Oberon (1992).

I would consider CP a dialect in the Oberon family, though likely more similar to Oberon-2 than to the original Oberon (1987/88) or Oberon-07.

However, feel free to accuse me of being a purist.
--
http://oberon07.com