[Oberon] OP2 for 64 bit ARM and/or RISC5

skulski at pas.rochester.edu skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Wed Jan 20 17:18:38 CET 2016

Peter wrote:

> I am planning to change MIPS OP2 compiler's code generation output
> to generate ARM64 code, but only for the long term,
> about when RPi 64 will be available ;-)
> Too busy/lazy to write the dissassembler first.

Any chance for the RISC5 version of OP2? Oberon-wise it could make an
impact. Why is OP2 not available for RISC5 which has been intentionally
developed to make the life easy for the compiler writer? Lack of OP2 for
RISC5 is proving the opposite.

I an constantly scratching my head over lack of Oberon-2 and OPP2 for
RISC5. How it can be so? Design a processor to prove how easy it is to
develop the compiler, and then refuse to develop the compiler? Where is
the logic?

Wojtek