[Oberon] OP2 for 64 bit ARM and/or RISC5

Aubrey.McIntosh at Alumni.UTexas.Net Aubrey.McIntosh at Alumni.UTexas.Net
Wed Jan 20 22:52:54 CET 2016

I mostly assumed a cross compiler.

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 3:42 PM, Peter Matthias <PeterMatthias at web.de>
wrote:

> Am 20.01.2016 um 17:18 schrieb skulski at pas.rochester.edu:
>
>> Any chance for the RISC5 version of OP2? Oberon-wise it could make an
>> impact. Why is OP2 not available for RISC5 which has been intentionally
>> developed to make the life easy for the compiler writer?
>>

> An Oberon-2 compiler would be nice to get source code compatibility.
> However, there are several drawbacks:
> - lack of RISC5 data types might hamper compatibility
> - OP2 needs much more RAM which might prevent running it on RISC5
>
> For me, there are other reasons:
> - lack of qemu for RISC5 makes programming more difficult
> - tight integration of my system with the linux kernel and missing linux
> on RISC5
>
> Regards,
>         Peter

(email is my preferred communication media)
Aubrey McIntosh, Ph.D.
1502 Devon Circle
Austin TX 78723-1814
(512)-348-7401