[Oberon] Oberon language family and the master.

Srinivas Nayak sinu.nayak2001 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 15:54:18 CET 2016

Dear All,

I am referring to http://www.oberon.ethz.ch/archives/languagearchive/genealogy.
Here we see that Oberon language from its birth has gone through several revisions.
Many times either NW or others have added new features to it if they feel a need of it.
Or removed existing features, if they found it unnecessary.
After all these iterations, Oberon might have got time tested.
So today, can we say, whatever is present in Oberon-7 is time tested;
and one doesn't need to add or remove anything from it;
and this is the state-of-the-art;
and is simple but not simpler?

If so, one wouldn't worry about
Oberon V,