[Oberon] Project Oberon for Mac

Alexander Ilin ajsoft at yandex.ru
Sat Jan 23 12:28:55 CET 2016

Hello!

23.01.2016, 10:46, "Douglas G. Danforth" <danforth at greenwoodfarm.com>:
> On 1/22/2016 3:38 AM, eas lab wrote:
>> Who started this absurdity of replacing single-quote/apostrophe by 3 bytes.
> UTF-8 is a character encoding capable of encoding all possible characters, or code points, in Unicode.

  I guess the eas lab's problem is he'd like to see the typewriter apostrophe, which is a simplified version of the symbol present in the ASCII standard. It has decimal code 39, and therefore can be represented with only one byte in UTF-8, making it compatible with older (ASCII-based) software.

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostrophe