[Oberon] Experimental Oberon released

R. P. de Jong rdjong at mac.com
Tue Jan 26 02:22:51 CET 2016

Hi Andreas,

I just have tried out your "Experimental Oberon" in Oberon Workstation.
This is really a nice piece of work! The "live scrolling" is very smooth on the 80 Mc/s simulated RISC5. It even does not get "jerky" if set 20 Mc/s. Nice touch also that the scrolling speed can be chosen by dragging more to the right.
I have made a version of your files in which all the module names, commands etc. are renamed with the prefix "i" (takes the least space in menus). That way Experimental Oberon can co-exist with the standard Project Oberon in the same directory and booted into either one without changing any file.
Thanks for publishing this, and the professional documentation!

Roel P. de Jong