[Oberon] Input.Timer in Native Oberon

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Sat Jan 30 22:34:08 CET 2016

OK :(

> > PixelCount = 1024 * 768; (* Better than PixelCount = 786432; *)
>
> You might be astonished at the number of students in a first year
> class who don't recognize "1024 * 768".

No - it doesn't surprise me. However it would surprise me if those same
students knew what a 'pixel' is. They might have some idea of what a
'megapixel' is perhaps because they have a few of those in their phones. ;-)

> Absolutely!  I gave names to the magic numbers.

Much better! Also:

1. Replace 'KP' with 'KeyPad' (or at least 'Key') and there is no need for
the comment.
2. Use camel-caps consistently. E.g. what is a 'pollinter-val'? Should be
KeyPollInterval

2% docked from grade for each.

> Incidentally, Timer is not an enlightening name for the procedure.
> Too general.  It does more than time.  KPpointer?  KPcontroller?
> Many names could say more than "Timer".

Agreed. CursorKeyTimer, KeyPadTimer or at least KeyTimer for those who don't
like long names.

Regards,
Chris