[Oberon] Re (2): oberonstation questions, ps/2?

Lars noreply at z505.com
Mon Feb 8 07:54:15 CET 2016

On Tue, February 2, 2016 8:31 pm, peter at easthope.ca wrote:
>> It's becoming difficult to buy ps2 mouse.
>>

> Open ebay.com.  Put this in the search field.
> ps/2 mouse -adapter -adapters -cable -connector -converter -convertor
> -socket
> Sort: Price + Shipping: lowest first.
> Search.
>

> Here 1145 listings are reported.  The first dozen or so mice are under 5
> $US.

1145 doesn't actually seem like much. You'd think there would be 100,000
or more considering it is a MOUSE. This proves my point that ps/2 is
dying. thanks for proving it. Yes you can buy a ps/2 mouse, just like you
can still buy IDE pata hard drives.  I just wish the Oberonstation used
large floppy disks too since you can still buy those too. Probably 150 of
them on ebay. or 1500. Now, on to the raspberry pi which has an LCD touch
screen for $20, way ahead of "mouse" technology. But I guess to implement
an LCD touch screen in oberon station would be too much complex Code.