[Oberon] Apples vs Oranges

Lars noreply at z505.com
Mon Feb 15 10:52:54 CET 2016

On Mon, February 15, 2016 12:54 am, Paul Reed wrote:
>> Tell me what you can actually do with oberonstation that's worth $100
>> ... that you can't do with [a $35] Rasp[berry] Pi...
>>

> Teach.  How.  It.  Actually.  Works.
>

> Paul

True, the BeagleBone is competing though since the BeagleBone is more
open, and also CubieBoard.

It's more of an oranges to grapefruits comparison, not apples.

Grapefruits and oranges are very similar, yet have differences.

BeagleBone is worth around $50 still more economical than OberonStation.

Now I can argue that buying a bicycle is much better than a car since a
bike's parts can easily be taught to someone and visualized immediately.
Those of us over in the real world, tend to drive cars, and keep pedal
bikes as rare toys to use on a saturday. At least bikes haven't faded away
into summer obscurity. Some people still ride in the winter.