[Oberon] RISC.img format

Lars noreply at z505.com
Mon Feb 15 11:58:26 CET 2016

On Sun, February 14, 2016 11:50 pm, skulski at pas.rochester.edu wrote:

> I was thinking of making a similar product running RISC Oberon. How can I
>  get the data out of it? RISC Oberon does not support Internet. It does
> not support USB.

Back in 2001 I had this problem with a tablet computer that did not have
USB, did not have pretty much anything since it was 2001. I transfered the
files over a serial cable using an infamous Microsoft tool that allowed
file transfers over a serial cable. Not sure if RISC oberon could transfer
a file over ps/2, or serial, if it even has the old serial style option.

The tablet also had an infrared file transfer ability, but it was buggy
and didn't work half the time, so I preferred the serial cable file
transfer.

Since you are planning on building it with RISC oberon, what hardware are
you going to use? the $99 product ?

http://www.saanlima.com/pepino/index.php?title=Welcome_to_Pepino