[Oberon] Train VS all terrain truck

Lars noreply at z505.com
Mon Feb 15 13:07:20 CET 2016

On Wed, February 10, 2016 4:55 am, Treutwein Bernhard wrote:
> Hola Walter,
>

> I also like your train/truck analogon.

Grapefruits, oranges, E. Dijkstra was against analogies in his later EWD
writings you know...

But the joke here is that an Orange Pi, is a truck, and costs less...
whereas the oberonstation is a pedal bicycle and costs ten times as much
as the truck.

If you can understand this, 99 percent of people in the free market (god
forbid) are going to buy the Truck for $8000.00 when the OberonStation
costs $85,000 and is just a pedal bike.  Great for learning, expensive,
but just a pedal bike in the end.

I love the simplicity of pedal bikes and how you can learn from them,
compared to overly complex Dodge/Chevy/GMC high end Electric Seats
complexified trucks. But ultimately if I need to do real work in the real
world, I'm going to toss the pedal bike into the garbage and buy the
truck, especially if the pedal bike doesn't even have digital shifting on
it and is only a BMX style one gear bike.

Now call in Dijkstra, as this analogy has gone too far.