[Oberon] Accessing Oberon RISC5 files on other computers

skulski at pas.rochester.edu skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Tue Feb 16 13:47:36 CET 2016

>> The user
>> *can* write software, but the user does not *have to* write software
>> to read the photographs from the camera.

>Sorry - my mistake :( I thought you were asking the question with yourself
>as the product developer not an end user.

Chris:

  I have to define my mission. It is "development of instruments for the
nuclear science". I have to draw a line somewhere and define my
"component base". Components are parts that I adopt to build my
instruments. I cannot go as deep as developing my own transistors,
compilers, or operating systems. I have to stop somewhere.

To me, an ability to write data to SD and then to take this SD and see the
data under Windows the usual Windowish way is a "component" which I need.
Developing *this* is outside of my mission.

If I do not define my mission in a sensible way then I will not get anywhere.

Wojtek