[Oberon] FPGA-related Project Oberon Customizations

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 12:21:06 CET 2016

How much of your I2C source can be easily ported to X86 & ARM ?
It would be nice if the top-level was common, and only the bottom-level was
specific to different CPU families.
I'd like to test & use I2C on both x86 & ARM.

== Chris Glur.

Chris Burrows wrote:---
An I2C interface is moving closer to the top of my list of things to do.
However, if somebody else beats me to it I won't complain :)

This will open up connectivity to a wide range of peripheral devices e.g.
accelerometers, EEPROMs, digital compasses, DACs, distance, gesture,
altitude, temperature, barometric pressure and humidity sensors etc. etc.
for use with embedded RISC5 target systems. We have already written driver
software and simple examples of their use for a number of these devices in
Oberon-07 for ARM Cortex-M3 and M4 microcontrollers.