[Oberon] Oberon with strings, Eberon

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 03:53:14 CET 2016

> Unicode is a joke. Unicode *is* a virus.

Well no, for those who want to be PeeCee [an anglo expression which I
should not use here], unicode allows diversity.
Isn't unicode 16-bits; for ALL chars?  That's OK.

But what seems absurd to me is the <current fad> where the text is
ASCII except for
<single quote> which is *3 bytes* !
So that my Text to Speech says:
 "I sea aye en tea dance" instead of "I can't dance".

ETHO's character facilities work nicely for all pre1980-European-nation texts.
pdf & ps are US commercial scams and ETHO didn't seem to get LaTex to work.
So the remaining problem is how to handle math formulas ?

== Chris Glur.