[Oberon] Oberon with strings, Eberon

Douglas G. Danforth danforth at greenwoodfarm.com
Fri Feb 26 08:41:41 CET 2016

Chris,
(I shouldn't be writing this but it is late)

I suppose piping is useful.  I never use it.
It's not an Oberon construct.

I was paid $3000 back in 1980 to write a Unix shell
which I did in Pascal on a Terak machine which had
pipes which I implemented.

Oberon uses commands for input or direct reading from
files, which I suppose could be made to work like piping.

Whenever you espouse the pipe concept in the context of
Oberon I cringe.  Why are you so enamored with that?

I almost never process files of data and pass the output along
to another process (pipe).  Why do you do so much of that?

-Doug Danforth