[Oberon] GUI programming in Oberon.

Lars noreply at z505.com
Sun Feb 28 04:07:03 CET 2016

On Fri, February 26, 2016 1:52 am, Alexander Ilin wrote:
> Hello!
>

>> Do we have any framework for GUI programming in Oberon language?
>> Obviously in Oberon OS it is possible by default, but I am looking for
>> this in Linux OS or Windows OS. Something similar to wxWidgets etc...

Blackblox Component Pascal is a Windows GUI development tool but suffers
from similar problems that Smalltalk development environment's suffered
from. There is no way to ship a standalone exe GUI program, you have to
run it inside the environment, which is inconvenient for users in the real
world.

There have been attempts to make EXE's shippable, and some compilers exist
so you can ship applications, but they are mostly for console applications
(dos programs).

There have also been some attempts to port Component Pascal and blackbox
to Linux, but once again likely mostly console applications - I cannot
speak on this too much as I have not tried it, but saw some work in
progress years ago porting even some of the GUI stuff over to linux.