[Oberon] Calling a command from within a normal procedure

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 09:07:40 CET 2016

That's a novel idea.
Since I don't know the answer: the reasoning process is more valuable.
Will it compile? What syntax would you use ?
`Edit.Open <a valid file name>
What makes the <file name> valid?

I've got an extra problem, using LEO, because that's designed to 'fit in'
with linux, and can even do: `System.Execute <any valid linux cmnd>`

But lets consider old:NativeOberon:
If you imported "Edit"; you'd have access to proc: Edit.Open.
But Edit.Open is designed to input it's arg by <scanning the display>
and not by having the arg passed.

.... interesting problem  ...
Right now, I lack access to Edit.Mod [while this garbage gmail is running].
OK: since Edit.Mod is intended to be accessed by the OS, it has no
<parameters to be given>. It starts and fetched its own arg/s.

It's not the answer that counts; but the reasoning process ......

== Chris Glur.