[Oberon] Compiling PC Native Oberon from scratch.

Srinivas Nayak sinu.nayak2001 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 19:24:49 CEST 2016

Dear Bernhard,

Many thanks for your help.
Though not linux, I have little experience in compiling and installing another small OS.
So I thought of trying to recompile Native Oberon once and to read the assembler code of kernel, Display etc.
Hence the query.

Next I would also like to understand how using Active Oberon we supported multiple threads in A2 on 386.
I read the paper "Combining Oberon with Active Objects" by Disteli and Reali.
Looks like they have done an interesting arrangement.
Though this paper outlines the idea, a clear picture will only be found in A2 source code/documentation.
They said that they modified Kernel.Mod heavily and their base was PC Native Oberon.
So I thought of collecting/reading/compiling the sources.
Not sure if we have A2 sources and compilation steps.

And yes, once again my thanks for your attempt to collect Oberon related stuff in Sourceforge.
Let me make my hands dirty.
Thanks for your help and support.

With thanks and best regards,

Yours sincerely,