[Oberon] paint.mod - support for colours

Magnus Karlsson magnus at saanlima.com
Wed Mar 30 20:38:26 CEST 2016

/In Pepino-Oberon VID file, there is a change from 3-bit to 8-bit video,
does this mean that H/W already support more colours?/

The original Digilent Spartan3 board had 3 bit video (i.e. 8 colors
possible).  OberonStation
has 6 bit video (i.e 64 colors possible) and Pepino has 8 bit video (256
colors possible).
For Oberon, all 3, 6 or 8 bits are either off or on for a monochrome
display.

As you can see on the Pepino wiki page some project (like Super Mario
Brothers and Pacman) are using multi-color display.

Magnus