[Oberon] Oberon RS232 - file exchange with Linux

Tomas Kral thomas.kral at email.cz
Fri Apr 1 21:53:28 CEST 2016

Hi,

Can anyone please suggest how to exchange files with Linux over serial
Line?

I guess PCLink task running at Oberon end is needed for that.

My serial line is connected to Oberon as device /dev/ttyUSB1.

I read serial speed is 9600 baud, but what parity or stop bits?

PCLink implements a simple protocol, SND, REC, each packet is
acknowledged with ACK.

Just thinking of using simple tty terminal commands..

$ stty -F /dev/ttyUSB1 9600 cs8 clocal cstopb raw crtscts
$ echo SND'My.Mod' > /dev/ttyUSB1
$ cp block[0] /dev/ttyUSB1 ... cp block[n] /dev/ttyUSB1

Many thanks
Tomas

--
Tomas Kral <thomas.kral at email.cz>