[Oberon] Global font change on OLR

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 17:04:23 CEST 2016

The font size is potentially a problem.
Under *nix there seems to be 3 adjustment levels:1=VESA/VGA-driver
2=X; 3=Oberon.
Under NativeOberon when there were only 480 x 640 display the font was
automatically optimum - by default.

Yes you can change the font size, style, color at the Oberon level, but
if you've got many ETHO files from previously, you shouldn't change the
size for OLR. Then when you use a different ETHO system the size may be.
again wrong. Better to change the size at the <other 2 levels> so that.
the ETHO <size 12> looks right.

Which has nothing to do with deep Oberon principles, that need to be studied.

== Chris Glur.

When I started ETHO, I had 2 big problems:
1= I couldn't read how to scroll down, because I needed to scroll down to
read how to scroll down.
2= ETHO can scroll incrementally per-line; but if you've got a BIG CHAR/IMAGE
which exceeds the screen height, this too limits the scroll resolution to
that BIG-step, [at the height of the big-item]. So you could not examine the
full height of the item. Eg. if the display scrolled/stepped so that the
screen-bottom coincided with the chars-bottom, the BIG Char/Gadget's top was
beyond the screen top, and never visible.