[Oberon] ET.StoreAscii Native.Tool.txt

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Mon Apr 4 16:00:36 CEST 2016

> ET.StoreAscii works.
> I could create ABC.Mod.txt file.

Therefore in Native Oberon try to obtain Native.Tool.txt
by the same method.

> So that I can read Native.Tool using Linux editors.
> Because it is too big and reading it in Oberon is right
> now little painful for me like a novice.

??  =8~|

Most Oberon users find scrolling better than in Linux.
What exactly is the problem?  The mouse is faulty?

Desktops.OpenDoc Native.Tool ~ is preferable to
ET.Open Native.Tool ~.

> I am using OLR.

OLR showing "ETH Oberon / Linux X86 2015-04-25" is here.
System.Directory Native.Tool ~ shows that Native.Tool is
not there.  You must have brought it from N.O.  Why?

The popup menu in this OLR is different from the popup in
Native Oberon.  The N.O. popup has "EditTools.StoreUnix *";
the OLR popup doesn't have it.  Peter M. removed some
commands deliberately?

> How can I save Native.Tool file as Native.Tool.txt?
> [EditTools.StoreAscii doesn't work. Not on .Mod file, not on .Tool file.]

See above.  Study Native.Tool in Native Oberon!

Older desktop and laptop machines are commonly discarded
these days.  Can you find one and put N.O. on it for convenient
reference and use.  Study Native.Tool, the compiler, the editor
& etc. there.

Harshness not intended but for your own peace of mind and
progress, try to avoid unnecessary difficulties.  =8~)

Regards,          ... Lyall E.

--
123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 12
Tel +1 360 639 0202