[Oberon] ET.StoreAscii Native.Tool.txt

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Mon Apr 4 23:53:39 CEST 2016

Remember - Ask: "How do I?" not "Why doesn't it?". Clear your brain - forget
you have used any other operating system. Read the book.

Anyway, for now click on Grow a couple of times until you can see the whole
Window in the whole screen.

> 3. Vertical scroll works. But I have to place mouse cursor on
> vertical scroll bar consciously.
> If unconsciously I put my mouse cursor near to top of Edit viewer, it
> scrolls, but very little.

Forget about how you have used scrollbars before. Read the book. Look for
'Scrolling' in the Index.

Warning: Once you have become adept at using Oberon's features (language and
operating system) you are going to start finding aspects of other systems
painful. Note that Oberon makes much more use of the mouse than the other
systems do. Once you have learnt this properly (read the book) you will find
yourself having to move your hand from the keyboard to the mouse and vice
versa much less frequently.

I commented here earlier that when I was working on Project Oberon recently
I had been using the system productively for 30 minutes before I realised
that the keboard was not connected!

One more time: read the book :)