[Oberon] Horizontal scrolling of Menu items on a Viewer in Native Oberon alpha 2.3.6

Srinivas Nayak sinu.nayak2001 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 16:03:43 CEST 2016

Dear All,

>In some Oberon installation I had seen horizontal scrolling of Menu items with MR click.
>Now I forgot where. Can any one kindly remind me?

I found that, in Native Oberon alpha 2.3.6, horizontal scrolling of Menu items is available.
Example: System.Log viewer.
Just before the name 'System.Log' in menu bar, we see a small square box.
MM click on this square, scrolls the menu list to right, revealing invisible menu items present at the end of menu bar.
Now, 2-3 MR click on the same square, scrolls the menu list to left, revealing menu items present at the beginning of menu bar.

Not sure if this is a feature or bug.

With thanks and best regards,

Yours sincerely,
Srinivas Nayak