[Oberon] System V5 - SYSTEM.Mod creation

Jörg Straube joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Sun Apr 10 12:17:22 CEST 2016

Tonas

Module SYSTEM uses the same syntax as "normal" modules, but the implementation is provided directly by the compiler.

Eg when you write SYSTEM.GET it's more like an embedded assembler statement as the compiler will generate a Load instruction to get a word or a byte from memory.

Formal descrption here
https://www.inf.ethz.ch/personal/wirth/Oberon/Oberon07.Report.pdf
chapter 11.1

Jörg