[Oberon] Have MenuInputTablets confirmed ETHO's TUI?

Dieter d.gloetzel at web.de
Thu Apr 14 09:39:07 CEST 2016

Hi Srinivas,
in ETHO windows plugin is a bit more functionality in this area:

  * "delete" deletes only one character (right of cursor) and not a
    selection of text, but then you have the interclicks.
  * "backspace" deletes one character left of cursor
  * cursor up,down and left,right
  * cut and paste from clipboard to oberon and oberon to clipboard
    (select text with right mouse-key) .
    control-c, control-x, control-v work as expected.
  * the mouse wheel works also

Let us ask the experts, whether this functionality can be easily
transferred to OLR.

Regards,
Dieter

Am 14.04.2016 um 09:08 schrieb Srinivas Nayak:
> I see in Oberon, backspace key works, but not delete key.
> Right, Left arrow keys work, but not Up, Down arrow keys.
> Home, End, PageUp, PageDown doesn't work.
> Is this intentionally done to reduce keyboard use?
>

> With thanks and best regards,
>
> Yours sincerely,
> Srinivas Nayak
>
> Home: http://www.mathmeth.com/sn/
> Blog: http://srinivas-nayak.blogspot.in/
>
> On 04/14/2016 08:23 AM, eas lab wrote:
>> I see the public inputting to their tablets via:
>>   1. see the menu;
>>   2. select from what is seen.
>>
>> This is how ETHO works; but never became popular.
>>
>> Will these new users, in future, dislike the idea of using a computer
>> by looking up-and-down [like a chicken] to see the display and the
>> keybrd alternatively?
>>
>> A stenographer or 'typist' who doesn't need to access all the extra
>> keys, which computing has introduced, since the original optimum
>> keybrd-design, can operate like a skilled pianist and never need
>> to look down at the keybrd.
>>
>> But with the menu/ETHO method, you can select in one-operation, what
>> keying would need 50 operations for.
>>
>> So how will it evolve in our fast moving future?
>>
>> == Chris Glur.
>> --

Dr. Dieter Glötzel
Im Rosengarten 27