[Oberon] Re (2): Trying to understand vertical scrolling

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Fri Apr 15 17:12:08 CEST 2016

From:	"Douglas G. Danforth" <danforth at greenwoodfarm.com>
Date:	Mon, 11 Apr 2016 02:26:52 -0700
> There has been too much tinkering with Oberon.
> Too many flavors and versions.

Agreed, but ...

> I would much prefer to see a site dedicated to the use of Oberon
> (vanilla flavored).

Which vanilla?  California, Classic, Double, French?  =8~)
I prefer NO vanilla.  Not "no vanilla" of course.  I'm
partial to vanilla too.

Bugs exist and bug fixing isn't tinkering.  And there are
still sharp corners to smooth.  The differing scrolling
behaviours of Edit and ET for example.  Introductory
documentation should mention only ET and not Edit.  No sense
in trying to teach module extension before a Text larger
than a viewer can be read.

Also, new hardware appears.  Touchscreens weren't
ubiquitous in Ceres days.  The work of Andreas is likely
to be helpful or essential to a touchscreen interface.
Bravo Andreas!

Regards,               ... Lyall E.

--
123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 12
Tel +1 360 639 0202