[Oberon] Essential facility missing.

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 07:35:27 CEST 2016

No!
This clown gmail system that I'm forced to use has fragmented the thread ideas
but: the <deeper idea is this>.

Understandably, when computing started in 50's they used the methods of
baking cakes. Later <the Algol boys> realised that the correct way is
stack-based;
which has not been replace since [did I explain how ants use it].

ML seems to carry it to extremes: conceptually there need be no names.
The previous result is called "it".

That's also why I've been harping on about <the functional paradigm>
 eg. to relocate that important file you read before being separated from your
system for 6 weeks.
  list all file in dir-tree <TreeName> |
  but not with name "*.pdf" NOR <add/modify *here* with out concern of
other stages!!>
  which are older than <42 days> |
  but only the ones containing "*oeing" |
  and also containing "efault" |
  <add further stages as required, without concern for previous stages>

So yes, of course you can/will be able to order the dir-listing in many ways.
But by NOT making [stack-like]/recentcy the default order, you show that
you've not analysed/understood to work process.

Like using the [apparently prairie-farmer-based] US method of
ordering dates by: Month-day-year ?!?

Alphabetical ordering is NOUN-based for casual/ignorant visitors.
stack/recentcy based is VERB-based for systems/users who are in flight,
  needing to perform the task at minimum cost.

NON-based is learning what it's called, which is arbitrary and even
language dependent..
VERB-based is knowing where it fits in the structure. Never mind what
it's named is.

== Chris Glur.