[Oberon] RGB display in Oberon RISC5

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 04:31:14 CEST 2016

Since there are readers here who have looked down into the details of RGB,
I'll mention that a had a bad problem with a <1920 ? 1280> LED display,
but only with my prefered linux installation, and only after it had
gone into <sleep mode, from non-usage>.
I wasted a lot of time/effort to try to understand to cause, which seemed to
be related to <gamma ?>. Never found the cause, and just found a hack to
prevent sleep mode.

There's an ETHO Panel which has a <color circle>, at the lower RHS corner,
which was MOST usefull.
It showed how the R,G,B where <bleeding> into each other at the.
<lower levels>  which gave grey-to-white, for much of the circle, instead
of only white in the middle - where the R,G,B have the same magnitude.

Primary-color text was OK; but pdf and ETHO became all fuzzy.

My point is that <little ETHO> provided a tool which I couldn't find
else where.

== Chris Glur.