[Oberon] Trouble with copy paste. Awkward feature comes in.

Treutwein Bernhard Bernhard.Treutwein at Verwaltung.Uni-Muenchen.DE
Thu Apr 21 09:31:47 CEST 2016

Hi Srinivas,

>By the way, I suppose, nobody including me, even Professor Wirth, uses
>Oberon as his primary OS.

Hmm, yes, now. But there was a time where it was used as primary and only
OS at ETH in the group of Niklaus Wirth. I vaguely remember a report about
that, maybe it was the contribution to the book by Böszörményi, Gutknecht &
Pomberger:  The School of Niklaus Wirth -  "The Art of Simplicity" by Josef Templ
with the title "Oberon In the real world".

The Oberon System is not "feature complete" any more.

>So, when nobody uses it, where is the point of quitting?

Better ask yourself: Why did I start using it?