[Oberon] TeX & Oberon was: ETHO-plugin on Windows 10

Treutwein Bernhard Bernhard.Treutwein at Verwaltung.Uni-Muenchen.DE
Tue May 3 13:55:17 CEST 2016

Hi Srinivas,

>Do we have any module in Oberon to view or process Tex documents?

not really, although there is a Oberon-TeX in the contrib area of the orphaned
Native Oberon download area:
	 ftp://ftp.ethoberon.ethz.ch/Oberon/System3/Contrib/TeX/

I never tried to use it, but I had some deeper looks in it. As far as I can see
it is a straight forward port and a kind of a fork. It does not use any of Donald
Knuths nice features to do change management for Pascal dialects. It
should/might be possible to tweak tangle/weave to produce directly Oberon
from Knuths web sources (beware: Knuths web has not really anything to do
with the world wide web and was created around 198, i.e. years before the
www popped up, see also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Literate_programming).

--
  Bernhard