[Oberon] ftp server at inf.ethz.ch

jwr at robrts.net jwr at robrts.net
Fri May 20 07:18:18 CEST 2016

At http://lists.inf.ethz.ch/pipermail/oberon/2016/009504.html Peter
Easthope asks whether ETH IT Staff can be persuaded to fix broken
links.  Does anyone know who specifically should be contacted?  I have
not yet been successful at contacting the proper people.

As yet no one has responded to several emails I've sent directly to
ocp at inf.ethz.ch.  (Dr. Friedrich did respond to a couple messages I
sent to him, or on which I cc'd him.)
At http://www.oberon.ethz.ch/contact/index three names are shown.
Email sent directly to those addresses returns "User unknown" errors.
I have also just now tried to use the "Feedback" form on that page,
and will wait and see if anyone responds.

A concern I have regarding asking to have the links fixed, is that
they may instead decide to shut down the server entirely.  Have key
people on this list already captured/saved the important items
currently hosted at www.oberon.ethz.ch, in case they shut it down?
I've captured most of the items on the ftp site, but have not
triple-checked that I got everything.  I don't know what I'm missing
from the web site.

-- John Roberts