[Oberon] minor tuning of TUI?

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 23:44:36 CEST 2016

> There is no one-to-one relationship between documents stored in files
> and documents shown in one or more viewers. Therefore, we can't really
> scan the tree of open viewers and find out what belongs together.

OK, wily doesn't allow:
 multiple <same file name> viewers to be different, which facility
  in ETHO can be useful sometimes.

> I think, in order to solve the problem it would be necessary to have
> an additional layer between files and viewers: something which handles
> a list of open documents, with references to files and viewers. All
> the editors would have to be changed to use this layer to open, store,
> rename etc. documents.

Why have you changed my initial terminology from: file & TextFrame to:
 file & viewer & document?
OK, let's use your term Viewer [since Viewer can have multiple TextFrames].

OTOH you have thought more deeply than me on this topic, since I didn't
realise the problem of changing the open-viewer's name.

Am I wrong that, there are:
two entity-types: files & viewers; not 3: files, viewers, documents;
1= files, which may map to viewers which
1.1= match the file;
1.2= do not match the file;
1.3= have no matching viewers

2= Viewers which
2.1= match a file, correspond to 1.1;
2.2= match the name, but not contents of a file, correspond to 1.2;
2.3= have  no matching file-name, but are presumably in the viewer-tree,
       with the name used to open them.

??

Can you put your ideas, in more algorithmic notation?
Maybe even pseudo-code?

== Chris Glur.