[Oberon] Data transfer in large amounts

Paul Reed paulreed at paddedcell.com
Wed Jul 13 03:27:11 CEST 2016

Dear Wojtek,

> ...possible applications of the FPGA Oberon... would be
> easier to develop if the SD card could be read under the workstation OS
> as a regular SD card. Are there any plans to develop the common file
> system which would make it possible?
> ...the prime reason to develop instruments
> running the FPGA Oberon OS would be to collect data...if I collect a 2GB
data file
> then I would like to easily and efficiently transfer it to the analysis
> environment. Trickling the file through the wireless or serial is not
> quite adequate in this case.

Clearly.  But I don't think there is anything in the pipeline which would
save you work in your specific use-case very much, it's quite outside the
scope of what we are doing: a 2GB file won't fit on a 64MB filesystem, for
a start.  Sorry!  But of course Oberon presents far fewer barriers to
"doing it yourself", with absolute control, than other more mainstream
systems.

HTH
Paul