[Oberon] HOW2 get output of ORTool.DecSym and ORTool.DecObj in a file.

Jörg joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Wed Jul 13 17:33:48 CEST 2016

Paul

In a much earlier version (1993), Edit.Store looked like this:

PROCEDURE Store*;
  VAR V: Viewers.Viewer; S: Texts.Scanner; T: Texts.Text;
  BEGIN
    IF Oberon.Par.frame = Oberon.Par.vwr.dsc THEN V := Oberon.Par.vwr
    ELSIF Oberon.Pointer.on THEN                  V := Oberon.MarkedViewer()
    END;
    IF (V # NIL) & (V IS MenuViewers.Viewer) &
       (V.dsc IS TextFrames.Frame) & (V.dsc.next IS TextFrames.Frame)
    THEN
      Texts.OpenScanner(S, V.dsc(TextFrames.Frame).text, 0); Texts.Scan(S);
      IF (S.class = Texts.Name) OR (S.class = Texts.String) THEN
        Str("Edit.Store "); Str(S.s); T :=
V.dsc.next(TextFrames.Frame).text;
        Texts.Close(T, S.s); Int(T.len); Ln;
      END
    END
  END Store;

Back then "Edit.Store *" was possible and it stored the text of the marked
viewer.
But basically the * was ignored...

br
Jörg