[Oberon] Low-Level Tricks - was: Volatile variables in Oberon

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Tue Aug 2 17:45:49 CEST 2016

Bernhard:

  thank you for the pointer to this code. I would not suspect it was a good source for answering my FPGA questions. You need to know the answer in order to appreciate this example contains the answer ;-)

It is also interesting to see that the TCP/IP was coded in Oberon. In principle it is not difficult to design an FPGA board using the AX88180 (in order to avoid paying big bucks to Xilinx for their firmware MAC). This chip has a decent gigabit performance. The TCP/IP code base seems to exist.

Wojtek

Wojtek