[Oberon] Oberon for a C++ user.

Srinivas Nayak sinu.nayak2001 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 11:01:18 CEST 2016

>> - Modules can be seen as car manufacturer.
>> - Objects are the cars.

> The program (Oberon System) is the car manufacturer.
> There is only a single car manufacturer per city (a single OS per FPGA).
> Modules are car factories. There are several factories in the city: Ford Escort, Ford Whatever, etc. All factories are run by the same car manufacturer.
> Objects are cars of different sorts manufactured by the car factories. Each factory can manufacture and release an unlimited number of cars, bounded only by the size of the parking lot (the size of the dynamic memory).

This is nice analogy.
But why stop here? Lets finish the whole story.
A factory can be closed or open. But two factories of same name can't exist. (Module loading unloading)
Car specification (a record) is unique to manufacturer. Two factories generally won't produce cars with same specification. But they can ask other factories when they want. (importing of module)

How shall we think about module exposing parts of a record?
Is it like, some parts of a car specification being patented by factories and made public, but not others.

With thanks and best regards,

Yours sincerely,
Srinivas Nayak

Home: http://www.mathmeth.com/sn/