[Oberon] Oberon for a C++ user.

Lars noreply at z505.com
Wed Sep 28 22:17:25 CEST 2016

On Tue, September 27, 2016 12:23 am, Joerg wrote:
> Hi Lars
>

> I want to come back to your distinction of dynamic vs. static.
> I guess you mean by dynamic „at run time“ and by static „at design
> time“. There is a grey zone there. It is possible to generate at run
> time a text file, call at run time the compiler that compiles it, and
> load your dynamically generated code into memory and use that new
> program. So, it is possible to generate even totally new modules "at run
> time".
>
> When a code produces code this can be seen as kind of "Artificial
> Intelligence“  It’s not easy but doable.

Haha, just by generating code does not automatically create any
intelligence whatsoever...  Another way to do this is to embed a compiler
into a pascal program and generate files and compile them from within the
program and then run those processes from the program, similar. Doesn't
create any intelligence whatsoever,  until intelligence is added in to the
system. I understand where you are going with this regarding artificial
intelligence though....  Self modifying programs.