[Oberon] Python for an Oberon user, derived from Oberon for a C++ user.

Frans-Pieter Vonck fp at vonck.nl
Thu Sep 29 13:08:03 CEST 2016

You can do the following in python
a = 20
b = '40'
c = esp.socket()
the variable receives automatically the type of the initial value.

Variables can be declared everywhere in the program.
The same goes for importing modules.
This is a necessary feature for using the interpreter shell of python.

Using the python shell is good for trial and error tinkering with
concepts (the cowboy way as lars called it).

I'm learning some python basics for using it with a esp8226
microcontroller, micropython. I intend to use it for a introductory
course in programming microcontrollers.

Still I regularly use Nikitin's "Into the realm of Oberon" as a basis
for my introductory programming lessons.

Greets,
F.P.