[Oberon] Oberon for a C++ user.

Andreas Pirklbauer andreas_pirklbauer at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 4 22:16:59 CEST 2016

Acknowledged. I’m not an expert in Blackbox, but if this is the way "module Views" are handled there, the problem has of course only been shifted (from modules to module Views), as Views can also be imported.
Douglas G. Danforth danforth at greenwoodfarm.com  <mailto:oberon%40lists.inf.ethz.ch?Subject=Re:%20Re%3A%20%5BOberon%5D%20Oberon%20for%20a%20C%2B%2B%20user.&In-Reply-To=%3Cf6b640e2-1db5-2290-affe-1e564b446f2e%40greenwoodfarm.com%3E>
On 10/3/2016 9:38 AM, Andreas Pirklbauer wrote:

> PS: I’m not convinced that this problem should in fact be solved at
> the module level. This seems to be a software deployment and/or
> management issue. If there was a separat abstraction level “apps”
> (which one could simply define to be module groups) in Oberon, serving
> as the basic unit of software distribution (like in modern mobile
> devices), then one could simply define a “top-level” module within an
> given “app” (bundle) and be done at that moment.

I disagree.  In BlackBox there is the module Views which contains a
procedure variable that is set by a client of Views.
But ANY module can be a client of Views (IMPORT Views) so there is no
"group" that can be used to somehow be used to bundle an app.

-Doug