[Oberon] Re (2): Trapping LinzV4 under Windows XP

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 05:15:52 CEST 2016

 > I badly need an ETHO-like system which will run on Win8.1 -x64.

] Why not Oberon on AOS on Linux or OLR on Linux?

ETHO for Linux [aka LEO] is superb.
It's a socio/economic problem, not a technical problem.
I've only just recovered my gmail for this list after 2 months.
Doesn't Canadian TV show shots of the civil war in Syria.

 > ... NNTP ...

] Definitely available in Linux.

 > Because of the 3G-dongle compatibility,

] Likely some USB LTE modems are not supportrd by Linux.
] A router connected with an Ethernet cable would solve that.

I've researched/solved 2 such modems.
Once it's switched from CD to Modem mode, the normal AT
commands are applicable. But the semi-war-like conditions
here, don't allow me to research/fiddle again.

]https://shop.mtn.co.za/crs/jump/product/4980040/ShareLink-MF283%2B

If you haven't lived in Africa, it's difficult to know the gap between
sales-pamphlets and reality. Fully automated CocaCola is identical to that
in NY, but once human factors are involved it becomes very different.

==================
I need <ETHO-like> capability for Win8.1 -x64.  !!

NB. this mail-list has never acknowledged the REAL superiority of
ETHO, which is the HC!. The superb TUI, multi-window interface was
further emphasised to me by "wily on RPi" [unfortunately doesn't
drive the new 3G-dongle].

A further example of how the human-factor trumps technology:
 despite some YEARS of using wily, I didn't realise that the problem
of MidMouse possibly moving between key-down and key-up,
so as to select eg. the string "pe" instead of the token "Open",
to execute, is simply solved.
Double-klik leftMouse selects the token [eg. ET.Open in ETHO]
then MidMouse executes it.

wily which has extended ETHO's HCI, eg.
 can create/remove/resize extra colums - besides the 2 default
 System & User frames, and magical piping of commands,
is a further example of the public ignoring a superb system,
in favour of cartoon-based "Windows".

IMO ETHO & wily need to extend to:
  save the currently edited text via a *KEY* instead of needing
to reach for the mouse for this ONE simple operation.

== Chris Glur.