[Oberon] Re (2): Does Oberon-experimental run on Win8.1 x64?

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 09:55:10 CEST 2016

] Within the last year or two you reported Oberon on Raspberry Pi
] to be working.  Abandoned that?

No! 3G-USBmodems are made for WinTel-monopolists. RPi is not x86.
Altho' the I did manage to drive the old Vodacon-Dongle which was
lost with all my other equipment.

] > ... installing Win 10, ... Win8.1 x64.

] A Windows mailing list is more likely to help.  I've never owned
] a Windows system and can't offer any specific tips..

] Last time I checked, MTN sold Huwai modems and routers.  Can
] you find a model number on the USB gizmo?
ZTE= make    CE1588

In RPi it *does* switch to the constant-blue-LED, which normally
indicates: CD detected & WinTel code executed & switched to modem-mode
& connected to Network.
But under linux you can look-under-the-hood and monitor:
lsusb & dmesg & /var/log/messages & /dev/*
to step + confirm each stage.
This is where wily [copied from ETHO] shines:
 you write the logNotes of your investigation,
 and execute the actions directly from the TextFrame.

I'm tired of re-researching the changes that Wintel forces the
market to follow!

== Chris Glur.