[Oberon] Safe module unloading

Andreas Pirklbauer andreas_pirklbauer at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 24 10:04:24 CEST 2016

The case of inheritance (type extension in Oberon) is now fully covered in the latest version of safe module unloading in Experimental Oberon. See Kernel.Check, Modules.Free and Oberon.GC. It also covers the case where a structure rooted in a variable of base type T declared in a module M contains elements of an extension T' defined in module M’.
Andreas
Lars noreply at z505.com  <mailto:oberon%40lists.inf.ethz.ch?Subject=Re:%20Re%3A%20%5BOberon%5D%20Safe%20module%20unloading&In-Reply-To=%3C44c2905716ce81a33bb4b7ce00da692b.squirrel%40gator3286.hostgator.com%3E>
Mon Oct 24 02:24:50 CEST 2016

> The only remaining problem is the case where a structure rooted in a
> variable of base type T declared in a module M contains elements of an
> extension T' defined in module M'.

I was going to say, what about inheritance?
I'm not too familiar with oberon inheritance but if another module
inherits from another module, then all modules would have to be unloaded
that connect to each other?

Actually, this makes me want to read up on oberon inheritance, as I'm more
familiar with delphi inheritance. But even that is a complex nightmare