[Oberon] Oberon for a C++ user.

Lars noreply at z505.com
Mon Oct 31 04:11:05 CET 2016

On Sun, October 30, 2016 3:58 pm, Skulski, Wojciech wrote:
> From this presentation you will see that BlackBox and Component Pascal
> was an ultimate tool in certain situations.
>
> Wojtek

Did BlackBox offer something that couldn't have been done with Visual C++,
Python, or Delphi/Lazarus? Was it a particular hardware module of code
that helped to interact with the hardware, a particular feature of
BlackBox as an IDE? It made development much quicker, or just easier
because of some specific reason?

One thing I like about Component Pascal BlackBox, is you can bind a button
click to a regular procedure, without it being object oriented or a method
of an object. In Delphi, all IDE glue that holds the application together
is object oriented, whereas in Component Pascal you can use regular simple
non OO procedures to bind to buttons and other widgets.