[Oberon] non-X LNO:Framebuffer ?

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 13:22:15 CET 2016

On 2 November 2016 at 06:00, eas lab <lab.eas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Modern PC's with the new UEFI booting have succeeded in
> frustrating  the open-source Linux system from free-riding on their
> WinTel hardware.
>
> Only after great difficulty have I got a partial [ lacking X ]
> linux running.  Our LNO, which I had dated as: 121104 was able to
> also run without X, on my now stolen hardware.
> Ie. using a frame-buffer.

I am sure that this is not really the right place for it.

It *is* possible to get it 100% working... but exactly *how* to do
that depends on what PC, what firmware version, what other OSes are
installed or needed, what Linux distribution, what version, and other
factors. If you can tell me some of this, I may be able to direct you
to places where you can get help.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/Twitter/Facebook/Flickr: lproven
Skype/MSN: lproven at hotmail.com • LinkedIn/AIM/Yahoo: liamproven